Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day Fifty-Four and a Half: A Light, Brief Rain's Gonna Fall

News flash: continuing another unlikely streak, it is now raining in Istanbul for the second straight day!  Until  yesterday, I had spent a total of seventy-three days in Istanbul and only seen it rain once, but that number has now tripled.  It's awesome watching the rain from my office because I have such a good view of the Golden Horn and Fatih on the other side.  I've never had such a panoramic view of a city in the rain, and it was really cool to watch as the clouds slowly moved from Fatih to this side.  The rain never lasts long, but still, it's the most rain I've seen since Reunions.
I've also seen several planes taking off and landing on the Golden Horn, which is really cool.  Apparently there's some tourism service that flies people from Istanbul to Izmir on the Aegean Sea via biplane.  People on those planes must get a truly incredible view as they make their final descent into Istanbul.
With less than an hour and half to go, I haven't spilled anything on myself.  But I have a half-empty glass of tea on my desk...

No comments:

Post a Comment