Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day Sixty-Nine: Hoşça Kalın İstanbul!

I have half an hour left in my internship, and about forty hours left in Turkey.  Jill and I did our presentations today and everything went fine.  The very small group to which I presented seemed awake, even interested at times, and I covered everything I wanted to.  There were no questions, which I'm taking as a sign that I answered every possible question that could have come up and not as a sign that they were all on the verge of falling asleep.
We're not coming back to work tomorrow, seeing as there would be literally nothing for us to do here.  (Mom, rest assured, I got that picture of me outside the building.  My camera just ran out of batteries though, so I can't post it here, but I promise it has been taken.)  The plan is to meet Müjgan and say goodbye tonight, sleep in, go to brunch in Bebek, and spend the rest of the day packing and getting ready for our flights.  Jill actually leaves tomorrow afternoon, so it'll just be me, Katie, and Katie's mom tomorrow evening.  Did I mention Katie's mom has been living with us since Friday?   She has been, but I keep forgetting.
I was ready to be done with the internship, but now that it's over I'm sad I have so little time left.  I'm going to eat as much borek as possible while I can and hopefully spend as much time looking at Istanbul while I still have the opportunity over these last few hours.  If something amazing happens I'll post tomorrow, but I imagine I'll spend most of the day either staring pensively at the Bosporus or maniacally cramming things into my suitcase.  Either way, not much to blog about.  So, that being said, thank you so much for reading, whether you've been following me for the last seventy days or you just started with this post (sorry if that's the case, but you can go back and check out the older stuff if you're interested).  I've really enjoyed writing and I'm glad I've been able to keep in touch with everyone back home.  You're not out of the woods yet-I'm sure I'll be talking about Turkey to anyone within a ten-foot radius for the next few months, but if I start rambling at any point during that time feel free to just say, "I already know, I read the blog."  Can't wait to see everyone, can't wait to be back in Virginia.  Thanks again for all the support.  And with that, I'll say hoşça kalın!
That's Turkish for goodbye, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment